Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Spinning yarns for Tour De Fleece, 4 Saori weavers..

Spinning and weaving for TDF 16  (tour de fleece) started June 2nd some of finished yarns from spinning every day… "My Crocs and Buckets "art yarn for day one!





I spun some more of my hand dyed and carded batts for Independence day  in RED


  Students and Buyers alike love the Louet S10C wheel here with the art yarn flyer flyer here

  My Betsy Ross yarn!




Carding sally Fox's breeder green organic cotton with silk noils on my CLEMES AND CLEMES ELITE DRUM CARDER IN MY ETSY SHOP HERE

it is the only manual to electric and back again  convertiable drum carder ! use the power ,or  use it manual takes about a minute to convert to hand crank and  then back again to electric!



 SPINNING THE SILK COTTON ON MY  LOUET VICTORIA WHEEL WITH THE ART YARN HEAD here.





second day of carding silk and cotton 











  I will be weaving  in real time  MEANING as I spin  I WILL BE USING THE YARN TO WEAVE ON MY SAORI W X60 LOOM HERE as my weft the same day it was spun after it has soaked and dried..



 Thick and thin spun out of my Solar dyed polwarth ecru fiber for dyeing in my Etsy shop here

 COILS AND BUBBLES SPIN THEN ON MY ASHFORD COUNTRY SPINNER 2








  yesterdays 7th day spin tdf16.
  My" fragments  of threads , yarns ,and fabric" batts I solar dyed a romney coopworth cross dyed eggplant

  love the LOUET BULKY BOBBINS here


  i just love the way these singles spun up, a tweedy affect!

tdf goes until july 24th! so stay tuned more yarns to come
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 You have arrived at SAORI SANTA CRUZ STUDIO!!











 yesterdays class…

 Christine learning to weave...
 vickie back for a all day weave to do long throw pillow cushion tops...

 FIFI  arrived for her class to  learn to weave ( she is 7 month pregnant …)



ANTOINETTE  BACK TO WEAVE SOME MORE ON HER TWO AT A TIME SKINNY SCARVES 
love these colors!













 CUSHION TOP ONE
  NUMER TWO!





SAORI SANTA CRUZ SPINNING AND WEAVING  INFO ABOUT CLASSES HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 More  20" NEW BIFURCATED  ski shuttles arrived yesterday! They sell out fast ! great for art yarns, mohair and fabric strip in weaving hand made of hard woods for me in the USA.
ski shuttles here in my etsy shop


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PEACEFUL WEAVING AND SPINNING IN THE COSTAL  CALIFORNIA REDWOODS
JILL NICKOLENE SANDERS

WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM

my etsy shop for handwovens, saori, and LOUET AND CLEMES AND MORE HERE









No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill