Pages

Friday, December 25, 2015

The New Louet Victoria wheel Art yarn head in here !

Today is Christmas! I have been  spinning and plying with my new New Louet Art Yarn head . It converts the darling 6 lb Victoria scotch tension travel wheel to a irish tension art yarn wheel in a couple of minutes! you can use the louet bulky bobbins or the standard irish tension bobbins with the art yarn flyer. if you do not want to spin art yarns then go ahead and  use the the flyer and and the  bulky bobbins for  your plying !  It holds an increadable amount of yarn! ART YARN HEAD FOR THE VICTORIA INFO HERE





  I love it! it is truely amazing how Louet comes up with easy to convert system that works just awesome! now i can travel with my  victoria wheel and take the art yarn head along and ply or even spin art yarns with it at my meetings! It is smooth and easy to treadle!




Art yarn flyers are super FUN

  And it folds up with the head in place.! you can remove the head easily with two black screw knobs in a few seconds!

  If you already have a Irish tension Louet wheel you can use any of  those flyers and bobbins with it  or you can purchase the ART YARN FLYER HERE  and the BULKY BOBBINS HERE




just look at the difference in how much more you can spin with the bobbins side by side  by comparison


peace through fibers
jill nickolene sanders
WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, I have been weaving Saori style for a few months and now want to learn to spin my own art yarn. I have never used a spinnig wheel and live in Germany, far from any LYS or weaving guild with spinning gear. Would you recommend the Victoria if I only want to buy one wheel? I have found them for sale here (very pricey!) but can't "try before I buy". Thanks for your advice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gail i love my Victoria , they are are not inexpensive wheels . But this is a travel wheel. If you want a full size louet wheel you can do the same same thing with a Louet S10C . You can have scotch tension or Irish tension . It will be about the same price but it will be a full size wheel that you can chose what tensioning system you want from the start. The louet victoria only comes in scotch tension you need to buy the irish tension art yarn head, flyer and bobbins additionally to switch.if you buy the s10c you get to choose and create your own wheel modually from the begining . I have both the victoria and the s10c and love both of them. I use the s10 c at home . The vic for travel , the s10c breaks down( does not fold but unscrews ) for travel too but is full size. You can not go wrong with louet wheels . either will be worth the investment. Peace through fibers Jill

      Delete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill