Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Saori learning how to wind a warp , sewing class and other happenings around santa cruz


 Here are some Saori pieces I am working on for submission for a August fiber show.

 Silvia came for a refresher class in warping and brought some beautiful new pieces she wove.






  Then she tried on my ARTIST VEST and loved it!




  
 

Saori warping frame two leg model and the hang on the wall model  and the easel stand optional stand for the two legged model and she look home the tow legged model .


  warp off the loom now time to decide what that beautiful blue and yellow weaving should be.

Silva wanted  to sew a long vest something like this  saori piece of mine  that she  she tried on.

so we set to cutting and sewing and twisting and ….










 TA DA!  A beautiful vest emerged! her own vision.






Beautiful Silvia




*******************************************************************

 My new love ! this non secented no  rinse  wash is all I use now for my hand wovens and hand spun yarns, swimsuits etc . It does not contain lanolin so it is safe for cottons, silks,bamboo, wools,  linens  etc . in my Etsy shop soak link here. you can use it in the washing machine as well as hand wash. AND NO RINSING. It is concentrated a little goes a long way and it is gentle but removes stains too! I am addicited to it now, no more worry about the harshness or lanolin in other wool washes. Cottons , rayons, linens etc and silks do not need oils in there wash!
I carry the 12 oz no scent size and it is what I use on my garments  and fibers as well.

New loom bags! I love this group…



   red and white For the full size 60 series saori loom





 Piccolo loom bags  DOTS and  a blue green  GEOMETRIC






In my weaving loom bag section loom bags etsy here





  Incredably soft hand painted dyed  BULKY COTTON hanks I have  now in the studio in my shop great for weaving and or knitting , machine washable cool line dry. It has been very popular in the studio !  Cotton yarn go here

********************************************************************************



  The santacruz MAH go here  and the first friday art walk downtown Santa Cruz  had our family and grand kids attending.  On the roof  sculpture garden I saw these great planters. I need to replace  some of my planting boxes (  4 years of a drought sad plantings)  with  new succlents like these ! little water or matainence .



peaceful weaving in the redwoods
Jill Nickolene Sanders

All hand made items that are listed for sale and items already sold, images, designs , descriptions and content are original and ⓒ of jill nickolene sanders 2009 - 2015 either resistered or unregistered All rights reverved .
(Note: I retain copyrights to all designs and images of my work)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill