Pages

Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Saori warping board, and new Saori yarns yarn sets.

 Roberta came to wind a warp one evening last week at SAORISANTACRUZ…. first chose the colors...


Beautiful choice of colors!
 … then she learned to wind the warp on the Saori warping frame  more here SAORI WARPING FRAME HERE

 SHE is very happy! in a few days I will be heading to her studio to show her how to thread  and beam on Saori loom for a mobius cowl scarf.

**************************************************************

I received many new Saori yarn sets from Japan Last week these are the ones available still in my etsy shop 


 Fuchsia .... like only Saori Japan can do. wool 10 cone set. with ombres and textures.. see them here in my etsy shop : yarns sets



 LOCK LOMOND COTTON and textures


Lavender Satin  textured wools


"Wearing my heart on my sleeve "red  and textured wools

"The marquises mistress dress" dusky evening rose and lavenders and textures
*********************************************************************************

 Kori stopped by for tea to buy a  fringe twister .She had on a really cool newly woven Saori scarf she made ...

…. and  it is  and she was wearing a very beautiful  hand spun sweater which she spun and naturally dyed the  wool yarns for.



*********************************************************************

A new Saori redesigned Heddle threader arrived as well

 The long one is the new design available here in my etsy shop


*********************************************************


 I made our 2 year grand son a "star boy hat" in which I needle felted wool to wool. He will wear it with his sister ( she is wearing Lucia bride crown with candles ) on the winter solstice  they will be bringing  in light on the darkest day.
 for now it is  safely on their Christmas tree out of the reach of a certain  little smallie with the  desire   to wear it each and every day….

Peaceful spinning, weaving, felting in the redwoods...

Jill Nickolene

www.saorisantacruz.com

my etsy shop





 The new  redesigned S10C Louet Concept wheel will be arriving from Holland in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill