Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Saori Santa Cruz Weaving Classes


When fall comes we bring out our sweaters,blankets and spend more hours inside some of us weave, spinn fibers into yarns, knit, felt, sew…..  If you want to learn more Fiber arts come to the studio for a variety of classes ...Last week Ruthanna came  to the studio for an entire day of weaving . She had woven a bit many years ago in the UK in a class where she wove then sewed a jacket for her toddler daughter. She brought them with her to show me. BUT today she is learning about Saori weaving weaving. A meditative stream of consciousness weaving which has no rules and using SAORI LOOMS AND EQUIPMENT , and she created  a beautiful  amazing Saori weaving!  Please feel free to contact me to set up a weaving class., sewing, or learn to spin class... no prior KNOWLEDGE needed.  A class with  just you, a freind, a son or daughter a visituing family member ( Ihave done 3 generation weaving class too)  Check out a few of the classes offered at Saori Santa CRUZ  I custom fit every class to the age ability and focus each student wants to explore. From two hours , or a full day or a whole week contact me 





Choosing any yarns she wants from the brimming over selections.


 Tea and  a relaxed kick off your shoes  fun time  learning some weaving techniques.


 Ruthanna wove and sewed this darling jacket for her 3 year old daughter many years ago
  some more of her earlier ,10 years ago or so ago  ,weavings she did durning that time period



 We were inside the studio  in the cooler morning but  as the the sun warmed I rolled the loom out  side to the warm deck. and fresh air
















 As the  late afternoon sun starts to go down behind the trees we cut off her lovely weaving



 "I really REALLY loved weaving today, I do not think I have ever had such a fun day!"





…and  now how to make twisted fringes  before she leaves . First by using her hands  then  I showed her with the battery cord twister/ fringe maker
 She preferred  using the battery method …..I have this great tool  in my studio and on line here in my Etsy shop battery fringe/cord maker





  Home  it goes  now to be soaked and hung it up to dry. Ruthanna's thoughts..."I think I am going to sew  a bag out of it!"
What ever it becomes , even if it is a table runner or hangs on the wall it  will be fantastic ….. it is just a Gorgeous  JOUFUL weaving.

Peace at the loom
Jill Nickolene Sanders
WWW.SAORISANTACRUZ.COM

My Etsy shop



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill