Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

New Saori clothing and New Organic 8/2 cotton weaving cone yarn sets

For Saori, and all weavers our "paint"is YARN! I have added some new Certified Organic Cotton cone yarn sets to my Etsy shop here  Audubon bird thoughts for creative weaving  …..

Stellers Jay


 Purple Martin Plumage




Parrot

Mallard Duck ( guy yarn too)

Two cone sets of christmas greens and reads because there are always door hangings, runners, and fun Christmas themes to explore and it seems these colors are always missing from my stash  just when I need  them , you too?..



***********************************************



 Muriel a new student took a class this past week in winding a warp and threading and beaming on the loom. She needed the experience and guiding to learn the steaps of dressing a loom.
 
 I chose the yarns  because i wanted to weave a scarf in those colors. She will be going home to use her own yarns to wind her own warp and weave.





  She took notes and enjoyed the whole  hands on process.

**********************************************************

This year was my year for no shows, so I finely had some time to put my Handwovens in my Etsy shop here

my hand spun , dyed, carded ,woven and sewen pillows , more to come….








My finished "shadows of middle earth " etherial jacket 


 


 Sometimes the amount of work in a piece ,the exquisite yarns I have used and the design of a piece finds me longing to keep it just a little bit be longer in the studio. A special person who adores the textures and unique  luxury yarns will purchase  this stunning piece  and recieve astonished accolades .Never mediocre wearable art….   . more info here

my "SYRAH  PEWTER GOBLET " wool ruana click here



Back to the loom, what are you weaving?

peaceful weaving in the redwoods
Jill Nickolene Sanders






No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill