Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Day 3 of weaving and spinning at Saori Sants Cruz

Learning a new weaving tecnique and learning beaming on today.







 Maggie came to spin with us wearing her new pointer brand  overalls.
 ....and bringing me a gift of punis (  ginned  carded cotton rolls to spin) from India.
 maggie spun while Sue and I beamed on her wound warp.

  and we tosted to friendships with Champagne





  Then sue and I spent some time spining for our TDF team on ravelry ( spinn every day that the tour de france is going )
  Sue taught me  very cool spinning techniques and brought some of her amazing hand dyed fiber as gifts. fed ex brought my new louet s10 double treadle wheel  it went together in 15 minutes with only 2 bolts! i love this wheel  etsy store louet wheel  sue loved spinning on it while she was  showing me "bobbles, and capture" .







 This is what I  finished for the daily spinning.


  The beautiful pink and lavender banner sue wove( we did a swap earlier this year.)


  We are headed off to  Henery Cowel redwood state park for a redwood loop walk at dusk.

 Back at the hotel sue's feet are proof we did indeed walk the trail!


peaceful weaving and spinning in the redwoods
jill nickolene
www.saorisantacruz.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill