Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The story of special handwoven blanket

This is a story of a blanket I designed fresh off my loom, a promised gift for our son who graduated last year with his MA in engineering , Because he worked a full time job and had two very small toddlers I wove it large enough for his whole family to snuggle under on their sofa or bed. He could not have done it with out their support too, We are very proud of Mr J and to think you were  home schooled , just look at you now ...


 some of  my hand dyed yarns drying that I used in the blanket 
my  hand dyed and hand  spun  art yarn 

The warp  yarns wound and chained waiting to be threaded , sleyed and beamed onto  the loom







 off the cloth beam a LONG weaving! how long? Really really long!

 Ready to be cut apart and sewn together





  HAND SEWING THE  3 PANELS TOGETHER
 WASHED AND DRYING ON THE DECK  RAILING

 WAITING FOR FRINGES TO BE TRIMMED








We love you MR J,  with or without  your degrees.But the most  important part  about your degree is that we admire your determination and perseverance to acomplish your set  goal. Love mum and dad. 

 PEACEFUL WEAVING
Jill Nickolene Sanders
www.saorisantacruz.com
MY ETSY SHOP



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful project, made with love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much for the complement, it was woven with love .

      Delete

I Love to hear from my blog readers
Jill